Saturday, July 10, 2010

Recipe Review: Oreo Cupcakes

After spending the morning looking for recipes to revamp my menu I came across this recipe and knew I had to try them. So off to the store I went...plus I needed to go grocery shopping to restock on fruits and veggies.

Oreo Cupcakes
1 box Betty Crocker's Supermoist White Cake Mix
1- 12oz bottle cream soda (I used diet)
24 reduce fat Oreo's

Preheat oven according to cake package instructions. Place cupcake l
iners into pan & lightly spray each wrapper with non-stick cooking oil.

Take out 24 oreos & half them like you did when you were a kid. Take the side with the most icing & drop into mixing bowl & place the less-iced side
icing-up into cupcake wrappers.

Next crush oreos in your mixing bowl. I smashed mine up pretty good, you don't want any huge chunks in there. Then pour in your cream soda &
add your box of white cake mix. Stir together until thoroughly mixed.

Pop in oven & cook according to package instructions. Once cool, top with fat free or reduce fat whipped cream and ENJOY!!!!

**3 points per cupcake**

I forgot to grab some whipped topping so I enjoy then without it and they were still wonderful! The best part is you can't even tell they are "diet" made. My boyfriend even loved them and he is pretty picky sometimes and think
s he can tell when things have been altered to become better for you..

No comments:

Post a Comment