Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Recipe Review: HoBo's........not so great




I've made these before but I couldn't find my recipe so I searched for one on allrecipes.com and found this one....it was a little different then my old recipe but it was still the basic concept.

What you Need:

1lb ground beef
1/2 c. green peppers, chopped
4 medium red potatoes, sliced thin
1 lg. onion sliced thin
4 carrots, peeled & cut into strips
4 slices of bacon

What to Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In large bowl combine ground beef and green peppers, mix well
3. Place each patty onto 2 layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil ( enough to cover and close). On each patty place potato slices, onion, and carrots. Slice the bacon in half and place both slices on top. Seal the foil tightly and cook.
4. Cook in oven @ 350 for 45 minutes or on a campfire


I also ended up putting a little bit of Fat Free Shredded Cheddar on my burger as well
The first reason I didn't like this recipe was the bacon just didn't seem done and the potatoes could of been cooked longer. I should of tried to check the potatoes before pulling them out but I didn't since I figured they would of been done since you slice them thin! Other than those two things I just didn't care for the taste...it was kinda blah except for the green pepper in the burgers which I found to be to much for me!

So I need to rethink this for next time........no green peppers, maybe cook my own bacon and stick on top after they come out....potatoes check them before pulling out of oven

No comments:

Post a Comment